FEED THE FARMERS is 10 hours of live music in our very own community with some of Australia’s' best talent! You get to enjoy a great line up and dance with Northern Beaches locals to support our mates in the bush.
The purpose of this event is to raise money to buy food vouchers at a discount and they will be distributed through those on the ground who know where help is needed. We are buying food vouchers so we won't be losing funds in admin and transport costs.
As we cannot fit more than 300 in our space, we are not advertising who we have playing ... let's just say you will be surprised and delighted!
WHY are we doing this?
We know there is drought and we are supporting the community we are connected with in Tamworth, West and Northwest of Tamworth. There are charities doing great things such as Buy a Bale and Fiver for a farmer (awesome work Jack).
We know of farmers who have shot their generation breeding stock and have committed suicide, leaving families in an horrific state. We also know of farmers who have sheared their dead sheep just to sell the wool to make a small amount of survival money.
Lets' show the country we REALLY care.... just buy a ticket and bring extra cash for food, drinks and donated auction items! If you would like to volunteer a couple of hours helping to set up, serve bar or food and pack down please let Karin know firstname.lastname@example.org or 9997 5555. We are attempting to make this whole event a zero cost through donations of time, services and prizes. If you have anything to donate including vouchers please let us know. Thanks to everyone who has already donated services.
The truth is, does it really matter who plays at the music festival .... maybe you just want to support the people in need who are having no showers, not feeding their kids fresh produce and are exhausted from hand feeding animals to keep them alive. Some farmers have financial resources for the "rainy days" and are now struggling with the cost of feed or the difficulty getting feed and the transport costs. The stress is overwhelming.
- WE are starting at 1.00 pm and you are welcome to come at whatever time suits you.
- This is a smoke free and drug free, over 18 event.
- There will be food and drink available so please don’t bring any! (Let us know if you have any special diets – we have gluten free and vegetarian already covered)
- This is a glass free event (our grounds are pebbles and pavers)
- Wear your country outfit if you like! Ladies, high heels are not recommended!
- There is loads of parking around here – it is an industrial area and we recommend car retrieval on Sunday! – catch an uber or walk home!