Mona Vale Market Day 2017
Stallholder Terms & Conditions
The Mona Vale Chamber of Commerce aims to provide a safe environment for members of the community during its events. It also aims to provide events that follow Council’s waste wise guidelines for the benefit of the environment.
By submitting your Expression of Interest, you are also agreeing to comply with the terms and conditions of the event. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions form part of your agreement with The Mona Vale Chamber of Commerce.
If you fail to comply with the following regulations you will be required to forfeit your stall allocation with no refund.
Mona Vale Market Day is referred to in these terms and conditions as “the event” and the Mona Vale Chamber of Commerce is referred to as "the chamber"
Please note that the event will be run “rain, hail or shine”. There will be no refund of fees if you don’t turn up to the event because of the weather.
- Stall size is 3m x 3m site only. Please Note: - The Chamber does not have any equipment for hire.
- No stallholder will be permitted to have any trailers, vehicles or other structures next to their allocated stall unless approved by the market manager.
- Stallholder bookings are only open to businesses that trade in products that have been approved by the Chamber. Additional products for sale must be approved by the market manager prior to it being displayed for sale. Please note no second-hand goods will be permitted to be sold at the market.
- Stallholders must be ready to trade by 10am. You will be advised of a time that you will be permitted to enter the site. Upon entry, you must unpack your stock and structures, move your car off site and then set up your stall.
- Stallholders must trade until 4pm and must have vacated the site by 5pm. You must pack up your stall prior to bringing your vehicle onto the reserve. Vehicles entering the reserve area must be guided by marshalls.
- Stallholders must bring with them their own equipment, including tent, weights for tent, table coverings, chairs, signage, etc. Note - The use of power is not permitted for general stallholders.
- All stallholders are responsible for cleaning up and making good any area they use for trading, including its vicinity. All rubbish is to be removed by the stallholder. Stallholders are NOT permitted to dispose of rubbish in the bins provided for the community.
- No stall shall be set up in such a way to create a danger to any person.
- All stallholders must trade from within their stall and are not permitted to set up outside of their stall to display products or signage or to hand out materials.
- Stallholders and their staff must comply with the instruction of Marshalls and contractors regarding the location they are to occupy and use of their site.
Stallholder bookings are open to businesses that trade in products that have been approved by the Chamber such as small businesses selling unique, hand-made or niche products. Commercial businesses with general products and services would not fall into this category, although the Chamber will consider sponsorship agreements that involve a presence by the sponsor at the relevant event.
Where a stallholder has additional products for sale, these must be approved by the market manager prior to them being displayed for sale.
- Stall positions are allocated at the discretion of the Mona Vale Chamber of Commerce.
- The Mona Vale Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to refuse any stall application and to terminate a stallholder’s participation at any time.
- Access to the site will be strictly between 6:30am and 9:00 am on the day of the market. You are permitted to drive your vehicle onto the reserve to deliver equipment to your designated stall. No vehicles will be allowed on the reserve after 9.30am and all vehicles must be off the reserve by 9.30am. Stalls must be fully packed up and ready to load onto your vehicle prior to you bringing your vehicle onto the reserve.
- Access to the site by vehicles will be guided by marshalls.
- Hazard lights must be operating on your vehicle at all times when driving on the reserve.
- Vehicles must not drive at more than 10km/h when on the reserve.
- Under no circumstances are you permitted to sub-lease your site.
Public Liability Insurance:
- All stalls participating in the event must supply a current copy of their public liability Insurance with a minimum cover of $10 million to the Mona Vale Chamber of Commerce prior to the event. The Chamber does not provide insurance for stallholders.
- No applications will be approved without the necessary insurance.
- Stallholders who have not provided their necessary insurance will not be allowed entry to the event under any circumstances.
- Approved stallholders must pay their stall fee by their due date prior to market day.
- Non-attendance by stallholders on the day of the market without previous notice to the market manager, at least one week prior to the Sunday market are still required to pay the full fees.
Waste and the Environment:
- Bins are provided onsite for members of the general public only. All stallholders are required to remove their own rubbish off site.
- All stallholders are expected to abide by all safety regulations and requirements to ensure that the event is a safe and OH&S compliant event. You are responsible for the OH&S training of yourself and your staff who are present.
The Chamber encourages partners, stallholders and community to improve the environmental footprint of our events. Chamber aims to reduce water and energy consumption and minimize the impact of waste at the event.
Stallholders will need to comply with the following restrictions:
- Take all practical measures to avoid packaging and the generation of unnecessary waste from their stall
- Promotional giveaways must provide sustainability benefit
- No Styrofoam cups, no plastic bags, no plastic straws, and no balloons to be offered to customers
- Food stallholders should provide compostable and/or biodegradable crockery/cutlery and service ware
- Stallholders should consider discount for customers with reusable coffee cups.