All local businesses with street frontages are invited to take part in the 2016 Festive Window Display Competition. Use Lights, decorations and anything sustainable to decorate your windows and create a special experience for locals and visitors. Participants will also be in the running for some great prizes.
- Best window display (individual) – Gift voucher to Glen Street Theatre (valued at $100) plus inclusion in a half page advert up in the Manly Daily promoting your business
(valued at over $2,000)
- People’s choice award (individual) – Gift voucher to Glen Street Theatre (valued at $100) plus inclusion in a half page advert up in the Manly Daily promoting your business
(valued at over $2,000)
- Best commercial street display – Inclusion in a half page advert up in the Manly daily promoting your street display and business location (valued at over $2,000)
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPATING BUSINESSES
- Attract customers to your shops
- Winning businesses promoted through Manly Daily and Council’s media
- Upload a photo of your window display to Instagram using the hashtag #NBCFW16 and clearly identify the business and Business entry close 5 December 2016. See terms & conditions.
- Business entries close: 5 December 2016 (see terms and conditions)
- People’s Choice: Voting closes Monday, 12 December 2016
- Judging: 13, 14 December 2016
- Winners announced: Friday, 16 December 2016
*The advert will be shared across the prize winners and style and design will be determined by Northern Beaches Council
Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter is Northern Beaches Council, 725 Pittwater Road, Dee Why NSW
- Employees and Contractors of The Promoter are not eligible to
- Only businesses located within the Northern Beaches Local Government Area are permitted to
- Individual business entrants must upload a photo of the window display to Instagram using the hashtag #NBCFW16 and clearly identifying the business and street
- Best commercial street display entrants must upload a photo of the street clearly identifying a minimum of three participating businesses and street
- Business entry close Monday 5 December 2016 at
- By entering this competition, businesses are agreeing to have their windows These photographs may be used in Northern Beaches Council’s media, promotions and publications.
- People’s Choice voting is done by customers and by uploading a photo of the business window display to Instagram using the hashtag #NBCFW16 and clearly identifying the business and street
- People’s choice voting close Monday 12 December 2016 at
- Each Instagram account can only upload one valid photo to be counted for the purpose of the people’s choice
- People’s choice voting will be decided by the highest number of valid photos uploaded to Instagram using #NBCFW16 in accordance with the
- By entering this competition, individuals are agreeing to have their photographs used in Northern Beaches Council’s media, promotions and
- Northern Beaches Council reserves the right at any time to disqualify any individual or business who the Council reasonably believes has breached any of the terms and conditions or engaged in unlawful or improper conduct aimed at jeopardising the fair and proper conduct of the competition.
Judging will be carried out by a panel consisting of three representatives from Northern Beaches Council’s Place Management business unit (or substitutes if circumstances dictate). All window displays must be in place by Monday 5 December 2016 at 12 am and people’s choice voting conducted by Monday 12 December 2016 at 12am.
Based on the photos uploaded to Instagram a shortlist of individual businesses, as well as commercial strips or streets, will be created. The shortlisted window displays will be inspected by the judging panel and the winners will be announced on Friday 16 December 2016.
The window displays will be judged on a range of criteria, including:
- Overall impression and visual impact
- Creativity and innovation
- Styling communicates a theme and clever use of retailers products
- Effort and business collaboration
- Street impact
The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
For more information please contact Andreas Olsen on 99701647 or Andreas.Olsen@northernbeaches.nsw.gov.au