The current lockdown has been hard on our whole community, including local businesses, many of which are owned and staffed by locals. Our local economy is a vital fabric of the Northern Beaches providing employment, social connectivity and investment. Council is committed to helping businesses get back on their feet whilst allowing our community to come together in a COVID-safe way.
When NSW Health restrictions ease, we want to invite people back to share everything we love and cherish about our area. We plan to help the community recover by activating our beautiful spaces and helping revitalise the economy.
We're calling on local businesses and our community to submit their ideas on how Council can support their businesses to recover.
Complete the Expression of Interest form below with your ideas for assessment by Council. NSW Health Orders will apply at all times.
Key assessment criteria
- Legal – proposed activity must be legal
- Safe – proposed activity must not endanger or create hazards for non-participants
- Boost to economic activity
- Activity aligns with Council values – including the no pokies on the Corso clause
- Not detrimental to other businesses – the activity will not have an unreasonably detrimental effect on other surrounding businesses